Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Friday, June 15, 2007

Review: How Not to Spend Your Senior Year by Cameron Dokey


"Rule #1: If at all possible, don't pretend to be something you're not. Specifically, don't play dead. Trust me on this one. I did it, so I should know. Jo O'Connor has spent her whole life moving around. When it comes to new schools, there's not a trick in the book about starting over that Jo doesn't know. but life is about to teach her a new trick: how to disappear entirely.

Rule #2: Always expect the Spanish Inquisition, no matter what anyone else does. They have to move again. Now. This very night. Jo knows better than to argue. her dad is the keky witness in a major case against a big-time bad guy. But Jo just can't resist one last visit to the school where she's been so happy. All she wants is to say goodbye. That can't cause any problems, can it?

Rule #3: Never assume you can predict the future. Now Jo's on elast visit has landed her smack in the middle of a ghost story. Specifically, her own. By the time it's over, she'll have a whole new set of rules about what's real, what's make-believe, and - most of all - what's important."

I thought that this book was really cute. It was short and simple, but just what I needed when I was stressed out at school - a book I could easily put down and pick back up. It was very straight-forward and uncomplicated.

1 comments:

  1. Ooh, sounds good! Thanks for the review; I've added it to my to-be-read list.

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!