Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, April 20, 2009

Review: Snowed In


Title: Snowed In
Author: Rachel Hawthorne
Publisher: HarperTeen
Date published: 2008
Type of book: Chick lit (romance, divorce, island life, winter, Michigan)
Pages: 261 pgs
I received this book from/at: Amazon Marketplace
My interest in this book is: plot, author, fluffy romance

Ideas expressed/message/plot: Ashleigh Sneaux and her mother decide to move from Texas to a wintry island in the Great Lakes to start their own Bed and Breakfast. Ashleigh is running from her father’s impending marriage to a new woman, but is finding it a bit hard to warm up to the island, literally and figuratively. She’s missing her best friend back in Texas and feeling some conflict over her no relationships rule. Josh Wynter has somehow found a way to melt her heart; which is a problem because he already has a girlfriend….

Favorite characters, quotes/lines: Ashleigh: I liked that she has a real reason to not have a serious relationship, she wasn’t just randomly averse to dating; Josh: I felt bad for him because he really didn’t want to hurt his girlfriend even though he knew that their relationship didn’t have much substance.

When I finished this book I felt: I was really cute and I got kind of into it because it takes place on Mackinaw Island, which isn’t very far from where I live. So I could totally imagine what the island was like and how cold the winters are. I can imagine coming from Texas would be a big shock for Ashleigh.

Other books to read by this author: Thrill Ride, Caribbean Cruising, Love on the Lifts, The Boyfriend Game, Island Girls (and Boys)

I would recommend this book to: anyone looking for a romantic little pick-me-up, nothing deep but lots of fun

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!