Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Review: Archangel


Title: Archangel
Author: Sharon Shinn
Publisher: ACE
Date Published:1996
Type of Book: Fantasy/Science Fiction (Angels, Slavery, Love, Friendship)
Pages: 390
I received this book from/at: Calumet Public School Library
My interest in the book is: Plot, Author

Ideas expressed/message/plot: From inside cover: "And so it came to pass... Through science, faith and force of will, the Harmonics carved out for themselves a society that they conceived of as perfect. Diverse peoples held together by respect for each other and the prospect of swift punishment if they disobeyed thier laws. Fertile land that embraced a variety of climates and seasons. Angels to guard the mortals and mystics to guard the forbidden knowledge. Jehovah to watch over them all...
Generations later, the armed starship Jehovah still looms over the planet of Samaria, programmed to unleash its arsenal if peace is not sustained. But an age of corruption has come to the land, threatening that peace and placing the Samarians in grave danger. Their only hope lies in the crowning of a new Archangel. The oracles have chosen for this honor the angel named Gabriel, and further decreed that he must first wed a mortal woman named Rachel.
It is his destiny and hers. And Gabriel is certain that she will greet the news of her betrothal with enthusiasm, and a devotion to duty equal to his own.
Rachel, however, has other ideas..."

Favorite characters, quotes/lines: Gabriel and Rachel: Sharon Shinn's lead characters are always amazing, even the ones that aren't my favorite (like those from The Thirteenth House). I really like Gabriel and Rachel though, they totally make the book!

When I finished this book I felt: This book is amazing! I wasn't sure what to expect, I just knew that I loved many of Shinn's other books and that many people raved online about this book. I am SO glad I decided to read it. I finished it and immediately wanted to read the next book, Jovah's Angel. Sharon Shinn is one of the best author's I have ever read.

Other books to read by this author: Jovah's Angel, The Alleluia Files, Angelica, Angel-Seeker, The Safe-Kepper's Secret, The Truth-Teller's Tale, The Dream-Maker's Magic, Summers at Castle Auburn, Mystic and Rider, The Thirteenth House, Dark Moon Defender, Reader and Raelynx, Fortune and Fate

I would recommend this book to: Readers who are already fans of Sharon Shinn, fams of epic fantasy/science fiction with religious undertones (and that like a romantic plot line interwoven)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!