Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Review: The Named


Title: The Named
Author: Marianne Curley
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Date published: 2002
Type of book: Young Adult (Time travel, Love, Powers/Gifts)
Pages: 333
I received this book from/at: Peter White Public Library in Marquette MI
My interest in this book is: plot

Ideas expressed/message/plot: From book jacket: “Ethan is one of the Named, a Guardian of Time bound by duty to fight the Order of Chaos – evildoers who alter the proper course of history. Ethan is also a regular boy in school, who tries to keep up with his homework. When he is assigned a classmate, Isabel, as his apprentice, his two distinct lives begin to blur and the people he used to trust begin to take on new roles – both good and evil.”

Favorite characters, quotes/lines: Arkarian: I wanted to know who he was outside of the bounds of Ethan’s knowledge; Isabel: I liked her, she didn’t need her older brother looking out for her so much; Ethan: an okay character, the secondary ones were more interesting

When I finished this book I felt: This book moved really slowly – there really wasn’t much that popped out or made you unable to put the book down. For that reason, I did find myself putting it down. A lot. I do want to find out what happens with the characters, but I don’t know if I want to know enough to read the next two books.

Other books to read by this author: Old Magic

I would recommend this book to: not really sure – previous fans of Marianne Curley, but otherwise this book didn’t really have a lot of magic for me

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!