Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Friday, July 31, 2009

Oh My Gosh!

Okay, so...

I got out of work tonight at 11pm and then had to drive out to my boyfriend's house, which is about 11 miles from my house.
It is dark and rainy.
First, I came close to hitting a deer. Luckily I saw it in time to slow down.
Keep in mind that there are open fields on each side of the highway. So random animals pop out all the time.
Then, as I'm going through some curves, a raccoon runs out. And stops. Directly in front of my car.
Seriously! Why do animals chose to cross the road when a car is coming. There was no one out on the roads tonight except me - and right then the stupid raccoon choses to cross the road. Ahhh!
Luckily my beloved car is fine - not even a scratch (that I could see...)! But I feel bad for the raccoon, even though it wasn't really my fault.
So yeah, that was the first animal I've hit with my car. Not a fun experience!
Well, now that you all know... :)




2 comments:

  1. One time that happened to me. He came out of nowhere! Well... some trees.. but it felt like nowhere! Lucky for me, it was the dead of night and I could swerve into the opposite lane and avoid some serious car damage. Glad you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! How scary. I'm not quite old enough to drive, but come September, I can get my G1. Which is a frightening frightening thought. All animals better beware of me... It's good you're fine! And your car too. :)

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!