Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Saturday, September 12, 2009

At the Movies: All About Steve (4)


Movie: All About Steve
Starring: Sandra Bullock and Bradley Cooper

Crossword puzzle constructor Mary Horowitz (Bullock) is smart, pretty – and a natural disaster that shakes news cameraman Steve (Cooper) to the core. Set up on a blind date with Steve, Mary thinks the chemistry is undeniable and just knows she's found her soulmate. She decides to do anything and go anywhere to be with him.

Mary's escalating infatuation is encouraged by the self-serving actions of news reporter Hartman Hughes (Church) who enjoys torturing his insolent cameraman at every opportunity. As the news team crisscrosses the country covering breaking news stories, Steve becomes increasingly unhinged as Mary trails them.

But when the overzealous Mary becomes embroiled in the news story of the year, Steve and Hartman begin to see her differently. Hartman is plagued by guilt knowing his game of one-upmanship with Steve has placed her squarely in harms way while Steve is feeling his own pangs of remorse at his callous behavior. Despite the media storm surrounding her, Mary with her upbeat unaffected manner not only brings everyone together but finds her own oddball friends and discovers her true place in the world.

Here is the trailer:


When I saw previews for this movie I didn't really know what to think. I loved Sandra Bullock's last movie, The Proposal, but this one didn't look like it was going to be quite as good. Nonetheless, I laughed at t couple parts in the preview and I didn't think that Bullock would sign on to a bad movie. I'm really glad I went and saw it! It isn't really a romantic comedy like I thought it would be... it was definitely comedy, but it was mostly just a feel good movie. Which I think fit the plot line much better - it wouldn't have worked if the romantic/love aspect of the movie was heavier.
I recommend it - it was fun. It isn't one of those movies I'll buy and watch again and again, but it was worth the ticket cost!





1 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I so want to see this. My mom and I are going to go when it plays in theaters in my town. I love Sandra Bullock. I missed going to watch The Proposal so I have to wait for it to come out on DVD. I can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!