Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Bout of Books 7.0 Goal Post & Daily Progress


Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

Time Devoted to Reading

I'm not positive how much time I'll have to read, but I'm planning on reading throughout the whole week. I've just moved home (after attending university for 4 years out of town) and I haven't found a new job yet, so I've got more time on my hands than usual. I can't spend all day reading, but I have a few audiobooks on my phone that I should be able to listen to as I do housework, take walks, cook, etc. I'm really hoping to get quite a few books read before I start working regularly again!


My Goals

I'd really like to read at least 12 books for this readathon. I've been reading a book a day, so I'm going to try to (nearly) double that. I don't want to go for a full 14 though, just in case I hit a book that slows me down.

I'd also really like to participate in some challenges and comment on other participants' blogs. This is a great opportunity to check out new blogs and for the blogging community to really come together. :)


Books to Read

This list might change, but these are some that I'd really like to get read and reviewed sooner than later, this readathon offers good incentive!


What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang
Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith
You Look Different in Real Life by Jennifer Castle
Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland
17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma
Written in Red (The Others #1) by Anne Bishop
For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
Furious by Jill Wolfson
The Program by Suzanne Young
The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle by Christopher Healy
Icons by Margaret Stohl
Rush by Eve Silver
Unremembered by Jessica Brody
Linked by Imogen Howson
Platypus Police Squad: The Frog Who Croaked by Jarrett J. Krosoczka
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There by Catherynne M. Valente (audio)


Updates

Monday
Number of books I've read today: 2
Total number of books I've read: 2
Books: Second Chance Summer, Unremembered

Tuesday
Number of books I've read today: 2
Total number of books I've read: 4
Books: Platypus Police Squad: The Frog Who Croaked, Wild Awake

Wednesday
Number of books I've read today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 5
Books: You Look Different in Real Life

Thursday
Number of books I've read today: 0
Total number of books I've read: 5
Books: -

Friday
Number of books I've read today: 0
Total number of books I've read: 5
Books: -

Saturday
Number of books I've read today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 6
Books: Written in Red (The Others #1)

Sunday 
Number of books I've read today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 7
Books: Rush

7 comments:

  1. I loved For Darkness Shows the Stars and Second Chance Summer. I've got Nantucket Blue on my list too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already finished SECOND CHANCE SUMMER... gosh - what an emotional read!

      Delete
  2. Oh...I hope you know I'm staring jealously at the pile of books you have in front of you this week :) All on my TBR list...or almost all of them! Despite my face turning a dark shade of green out of envy, I still hope you enjoy all of the books and get some reading done!
    PS: Um...may I ask how on earth you find yourself at a pace of 1book/1day. How does that even...please, I need advice - I want to do that, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could give you advice to read 1 or more book a day successfully, I would, but, luckily for me, it's less skill and more luck at this point. I'm between jobs at the moment (I'm hoping to hear back about an interview I had last week!! Fingers crossed.) and I've just finished school and am completely broke, so all I've been doing lately is reading, cooking, blogging, and cleaning/organizing my house for the remodeling being done this summer. So I have LOTS of free time!

      BUT, I can say that I'm was pretty picky about the books I chose for this readathon. I tried to choose books that varied in theme, were by authors I know I love, and a few that were shorter and easy reads (generally MG) to break up the length and intensity of some of the YA titles.

      So, like I said, I'm lucky to be pretty open and free for this Readathon - that's not usually the case! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow you're getting a lot read! Great job. I'm only on book 2, but having fun and that's all that matters..

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!