Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Books into Movies: The DUFF by Kody Keplinger

Today the movie trailer for the upcoming film The DUFF was released. I've been waiting for this trailer for awhile now because I so loved Kody Keplinger's debut novel, which the movie is adapted from. Now I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty positive that, no matter how good this movie is, the book is still going to have it beat. Guys, I know this book is a bit older, but it is so worth checking out! 

I read it back in 2010 and I still think about it. I'm planning on doing a reread very soon, but, in the meantime, you can check out my original review - and my old formatting! - here. You can find more reviews on Goodreads or buy yourself a copy from your favorite bookstore or from Brilliant Books, free shipping included!

More about the book:
Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper is cynical and loyal, and she doesn't think she's the prettiest of her friends by a long shot. She's also way too smart to fall for the charms of man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush. In fact, Bianca hates him. And when he nicknames her "the Duff," she throws her Coke in his face.

But things aren't so great at home right now, and Bianca is desperate for a distraction. She ends up kissing Wesley. Worse, she likes it. Eager for escape, Bianca throws herself into a closeted enemies-with-benefits relationship with him.

Until it all goes horribly awry. It turns out Wesley isn't such a bad listener, and his life is pretty screwed up, too. Suddenly Bianca realizes with absolute horror that she's falling for the guy she thought she hated more than anyone. And eventually, through this realization, Bianca begins to see how harmful her unhealthy way of dealing with her problems has been, and finds a way to confront them head on.
 
Check out the movie trailer below! Are planning on seeing this one in theaters? Have you read the book yet? Let me know in the comments!



Find out more about the movie:

Facebook / Twitter

2 comments:

  1. I had never even heard of this book, but now I want to read it. The movie looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book was magnificent wasn't it! i totally loved their budding romance as well. I'm happy that I wasn't the only one. This a a wonderful first book though I haven't gotten around to reading the other books in this series, I just might pick it up again. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!